Emotional Logic Ltd. (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us on www.emotional-logic.co.uk (“our site”), will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information We Collect from You
We collect and process the following data on our site:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own research purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is used to generate statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns.
For purposes of marketing, optimization products and services – the company Whois Data Ltd (https://www.whoisvisiting.com) are used on this website. Their registered address is Regents Pavilion, 4 Summerhouse Road, Northampton, NN3 6BJ. Whois Data Ltd determine details of your organization, including contact number, web address, email, business description and where possible, the SIC Code. Whois Data Ltd show your journey while visiting this site, including all pages visited by you and how long you have spent on each page. The data used cannot identify an individual visitor’s identity. As far as IP addresses are collected, they will be made anonymous immediately after collection. If you do not agree with this, you can object to the collection, processing or storage of your IP address at any time with effect for the future by clicking on the link below: https://app.whoisvisiting.com/opt-out
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
The cookies we use are “analytical” cookies used by the Google Analytics external service. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
You can be assured that we will protect your privacy. We will not make your personal information available to anyone without your agreement unless it is for research purposes only or if required by law. This includes your name and e-mail address.
Keeping Your Personal Data Secure
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How the Information is Used
We have listed below the ways in which we use your personal data. We are also required by law to explain the legal basis for using your personal data, and this is also set out below. The legal basis in each case is that we have your consent for the use of your personal data, or that we need to use your personal data in order to perform a contract with you, or that the use of your personal data is necessary for our (or third parties’) legitimate interests (in which case we will explain what those interests are). Where we use your personal data with your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (this is based on our legitimate interest in ensuring that our site is presented to you in the most effective way possible).
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (this is based on your consent, which you may withdraw at any time).
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (this is based on contractual necessity – we need to use your personal data to perform our contract with you).
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service (this is based on our legitimate interest in keeping you informed about changes to our service).
We may also use your personal data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone. This is based on our legitimate interest, in providing you with information about our or their goods or services.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Emotional Logic or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Emotional Logic, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Data
We are required by law to keep your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we are using it. The period for which we keep your personal data will be determined by a number of criteria, including the purposes for which we are using the information, the amount and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk from any unauthorised use or disclosure of the information, and our legal and regulatory obligations.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the following rights in relation to your personal data (some of these rights apply only in certain circumstances, and some of them vary according to the legal basis on which we are processing your data – please see above for further details):
• The right to ask whether we’re processing your personal data and, if we are, to find out details of that processing (as well as obtaining a copy of your personal data).
• The right to ask us to correct any personal data that we hold about you that’s inaccurate or incomplete.
• The right to ask us to delete personal data that we hold about you.
• The right to object to how we’re processing your personal data, and to ask us to restrict how we’re processing your personal data.
• The right to have the personal data that you’ve provided to us provided to you in a structured and commonly-used electronic format. You can also ask us to transfer your personal data directly to another company if that’s feasible.
If you’re not happy with how we’ve dealt with your personal data, we’d like a chance to put it right – please contact us at email@example.com . However, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority – the authority for the UK is the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk).
Children Data Collection
We never knowingly invite children under the age of 16 years to participate in research studies without consent. If it is necessary and appropriate to a particular project to directly involve children under the age of 16 years, we take measures to ensure we have been given permission by the responsible adult.
Links to Other Websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, please contact our Data Officer, who is responsible for our compliance with data protection law.
Phone: 0191 265 3248
Address: Studio 18, the Kiln, Hoult’s Yard, Walker Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 1AB
Terms of this Website
By accessing this Web site you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“terms”), please read them carefully. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms you should not access or view this Web site.
1. The information contained in this Web site is intended for general information purposes only. Emotional Logic Ltd has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on this Web site is accurate at the time of inclusion, however there may be inaccuracies and occasional errors for which we apologise.
2. Emotional Logic Ltd makes no representations or warranties about the information provided through this Web site, including any hypertext links to any Web site or other items used either directly or indirectly from this Web site. Emotional Logic Ltd accepts no liability for any inaccuracies or omissions in this Web site and any decisions based on information contained in Emotional Logic Ltd’s Web sites are the sole responsibility of the visitor.
3. The information and images contained within this Web site are ©copyright Emotional Logic Ltd. We permit you to make copies of this Web site as necessary incidental acts during your viewing of it; and you may take a print for your personal use of so much of the site as is reasonable for private purposes. You may not frame this site nor link to a page other than the home page without our express permission in writing.
4. You shall not use this Web site for any illegal purposes and in particular agree that you shall not send, use, copy, post or allow any posting which is defamatory or obscene within the meaning of the obscene publications act or which is abusive, indecent or in breach of the privacy of any person. You agree not to send any unsolicited promotional or advertising material, spam or similar materials or any volume messages that may interfere with the operation of this Web site or with the enjoyment of this Web site by other visitors.
5. Emotional Logic Ltd reserves the right at any time and without notice to enhance, modify, alter, suspend or permanently discontinue all or any part of this Web site and to restrict or prohibit access to it.
6. You hereby agree to indemnify Emotional Logic Ltd against any costs, claims, losses and damages (including legal fees) incurred by or awarded against Emotional Logic Ltd as a result of your misuse of this Web site or your breach of these terms.
8. This Web site is provided to you free of charge, and Emotional Logic Ltd does not accept any liability to you (except in the case of personal injury or death caused by its negligence or for fraud or as required by law) whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, arising out of it in connection with this Web site. Emotional Logic Ltd accepts no liability for any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages, or any other damages of whatsoever kind resulting from whatever cause through the use of any information obtained either directly or indirectly from this Web site. Your sole remedy is to discontinue using this Web site.
9. These terms may be amended by Emotional Logic Ltd from time to time.
In the event that any or any part of the terms contained in these terms and conditions shall be determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term shall to that extent be severed from the remaining terms which shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.